1. I heard on the radio today that Environment Canada is predicting three more months of winter. THREE MORE MONTHS. I hate to be so middle-aged that I discuss the weather first thing, but seriously, that deserves discussing. That whole thing I wrote a few weeks back about it feeling like spring? I have been deceived.
2. My thumbs split open AGAIN today as I was buckling the kids into their carseats. Band-aids are not working. Should I try super glue?
3. She hand meters consistently:
4. And she calls it "tography."
5. Today she heard the radio announcer interviewing a local photographer, and she yelled, "Mommy, did you HEEEEAR that? She is a 'tographer' with lots of photos. Just like you."
6. He discovered his shadow:
7. IKEA is taking all of our money. But! We actually bought a practical piece of furniture: a chair, a chair! I committed to buying a chair!
8. In case you were wondering, the chair is not going in the empty livingroom.
9. The empty box is in the livingroom though, and it makes a very nice playhouse.
10. His first word: "cracker."
Derrick did not believe me either. But this kid repeats himself when he wants to be heard. He's rather loud about it too.