Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving! We celebrated in style here with a big dinner for the three of us! (Less pressure to be a perfect chef if there are no guests involved.) Besides the fact that the pumpkin pie required an extra 40 minutes in the oven and totally screwed up my timetable causing me to delay dinner by an hour and subsequently burn the bottom of my homemade rolls, all went well. And was very enjoyable. Enjoyable enough that I have volunteered my culinary services to make a turkey dinner for Christmas Day. Wish me luck!
I have some photos from the big day, but like the majority of my photos, I have not edited them, and if I'm honest, I'll admit that I probably won't even look at them until after Christmas. Such is my busy life. :)
But not so busy that I can't stop and make a quick holiday card to share:Supplies:
- Bo Bunny Chocolate Double Dot patterned paper
- American Crafts Boarding Pass patterned paper
- Hero Arts Houndstooth rubber stamp
- Hero Arts ClearDesign Frames and Messages stamp set
- Versamark watermark ink
- American Crafts white embossing powder
- American Crafts silver mini brads
- Doodlebug Designs Lily White Flocking Powder
- Provo Craft Cricut diecutting machine
- Provo Craft Accent Essentials cartridge
A few things to note:
- This is a lift of one of Kristina Werner's cards from her class A Year in Cards: November 2009, which details three great ideas for simple, easy to make holiday cards.
- With the exception of the silver brads, the entire card is made with scraps!
- The snowflake is a diecut from the Accent Essentials cartridge. I inked it up with liquid glue and covered it with white flocking powder.